I’m a big fan of the 3D modeling software Rhino…I decided to have a little fun today:
- Created a torus(a donut shape is a torus).
- Split the torus in half using a curve.
- Pulled one half of the torus away just a little bit.
- Split one half of the torus again, this time horizontally, using another curve.
- Drilled three holes (two in one half), one hole in another half – for ‘technical’ points and good looks.
- Created a floor plane for the split ring to rest on.
- Fired up V-Ray and assigned materials – metal to the split ring, and a plastic to the floor base.